BLINDSPOT: Full Comic Con Scoop on Season 2
By Pauline Perenack
NBC’s Blindspot took over the Indigo ballroom, and put on a great show for its fans this weekend at San Diego Comic Con.
Publicist Kristy Strupinsky opened the panel by introducing the season two sizzle reel (catch it in full below), which showcased newcomers Luke Mitchell and Archie Punjabi.
Viewers also got to see the tension between Jane and the team of Weller, Reade, Zapata, and Patterson, including a major fight scene between Weller and Jane.
The cast were fantastic on the panel, and it’s obvious they have a real friendship outside of the show. There was a lot of teasing Jaimie about the tattoos she wears, as well as a lengthy discussion on what Patterson’s first name is. In case you were wondering, actor Ashley Johnson voted for Gary.
However, everyone was there to learn about the new season, and what the fallout from Mayfair’s death would be. As such, here’s what was discussed:
- The new season picks up three months after the finale, and it hasn’t been a good time for anyone on the team. Jane has been in an FBI Black Site, being tortured and questioned, while the rest of the team is dealing with the fallout of the season finale’s events.
- Also joining the cast is Michelle Hurd, who along with Mitchell, will play operatives from Jane’s organization.
- Mitchell will be playing Roman, which is a character referenced in season one, in one of Jane’s flashbacks, as a child with a scar on his face.
- Punjabi will play an NSA operative who has been brought in to help the team heal from their emotional wounds.
- The first episode will reveal Jane’s true first name, as well as her background story, but will not feature a tattoo.
- Reade’s storyline with Coach Jones will be continued, because it’s a very personal case to him.
- Patterson will not be moving on with Borden any time soon, but could have a potential love interest later in the season.
- Zapata is left questioning who she really is, but will grow as a character throughout season two.
- Jane is dealing with a ton of guilt, which won’t go away quickly, and will be forced to deal with the strained relationships with her old FBI teammates
Jeller will be put on hold for awhile, but the two share a bond which will never be broken, so will eventually make amends as the season wears on.
- A lot will be learned about Jane’s organization, which is close to achieving their end goal. Their leader, Shepard, will be introduced during the first episode, and will feature heavily throughout the season.
- Rich Dotcom will absolutely be back this season. Look for him in episode seven.
- Ashley Johnson’s favorite tattoo is a “Sputnik with a top hat” and it sounds like this will be featured in an episode soon, so, stay tuned.