Highlights from SCORPION at San Diego Comic Con 2016
By Pauline Perenack
CBS started off their television block at San Diego ComicCon with fan favorite, Scorpion earlier today.
Fans flocked to Ballroom 20 where series stars Katharine McPhee, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Jadyn Wong, Ari Stidham and executive producer Nicholas Wootton joined a panel moderated by Patrick Gomez from People magazine.
The audience was treated to a sizzle reel peppered with bloopers, before the cast and showrunner Nick Wootton were introduced.
Stars Robert Patrick and Elyes Gabel were unable to attend because they were filming, but sent a video message to the fans with Gabel “directing” Patrick on what to say.
Throughout the panel, the audience was treated to behind the scenes stories, the cast showing off their harmonizing skills, and answers to their most burning questions including yes, the cast does hang out together, and even have Christmas dinner together every year.
However, here are some of the most interesting things that came out of the panel:
- The season premiere will start up only hours after where the season finale left off.
- The cast knew early on that Happy was married, but none know who she is married to, and Wootton has promised it will be a shock as to who it is.
- Fans are always looking for a deeper character origin episode, and there are plans for one, but probably not until next season.
- Robert Patrick’s character will have a romantic interest later on this season.
- They are currently filming the second episode of the season, but the whole cast is looking forward to the third episode. Each one said its their favorite of the whole series so far, and will include a whole lot of fantasy, especially for Paige.
- The producers fully recognize the level of musical talent the cast possesses and want to exploit that soon in an episode.