LifeStyle Spy Summer Shopping List
If your mind instantly wants to refresh your closet when temperatures become warmer, you’re not alone. When the weather is warmer we have to do more style wise with less. This is often harder when working in an office as well because it may be like scorching outside but freezing inside (go with layers. Trust me).
It’s daunting to shop for new seasonal pieces can be a bit daunting, but here are some tips and suggestions of what to go for if you’re looking to change up your closet for the warmer months.
- Buy pieces that can be easily tossed in a bag for weekend getaways.
- Choose materials that breathe. Think cotton, linen, and even silk. Silk (with slip dresses for example) will need to be washed more frequently because of excess sweat.
- A trendy Panama hat will protect your scalp from the sun and keep you cooler.
- Wear a one-piece outside of the pool as a body suit. The fabric is made to breathe and keep you cooler. Obviously more BBQ appropriate than work appropriate!
- Yes, lighter colors keep your body cooler in the bright, warm sunshine, but darker fabrics will easily cover sweat.