Best Drugstore Beauty Products Under $15
When I first started experimenting with makeup and beauty products I turned to the drugstore. As I was learning (and play-makeup wasn’t cool after age 8) I loved trying new things with my trusty Wet N’ Wild collection stored in my ever so stylish Caboodle. Why does this matter? Well, as I grew older and my knowledge began to grow and expand I learned to love the Maybelline and L’Oreal products strewn about the shelves. In fact, I didn’t know specialty or high end makeup stores existed until I graduated high school!
Over the years I’ve tried experimenting with high end products and, despite some disagreement from my peers, I don’t always think they are better. Good quality doesn’t always come with a high price tag which is why I return to these products time and time again. All of these products have found their way into my makeup bag at some point to high praise. So whether you’re looking to try something new, find a dupe for a high end product, or looking for a budget friendly fix for your beauty woes, there’s something here for you!
- Batiste dry shampoo ($7) – Works really well and doesn’t leave white residue. It comes in a variety of types and scents (even based on hair color) to meet any hair needs. It’s the best dry shampoo I’ve ever used.
- Burt’s Bees lip balm ($3) – A true classic that is the perfect foundation before applying lipstick. It’s super affordable and keeps lips smooth for hours.
- No. 7 eyebrow pencil ($7) – Boots No. 7 eyebrow pencil applies really well and comes with a handy brush to tame eyebrows. Having really good eyebrows is now a beauty essential and this pencil really makes the job easy for even those non-brow experts.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder ($5) – I love, love, love this powder. It adds are really good finish to makeup (whether foundation, bb cream, or tinted moisturizer), and prevents shine for hours. I take it everywhere with me. It’s a miracle in a plastic container.
- OGX Coconut Milk and Hibiscus body lotion ($7) – This lotion is a nourishing lotion in a bottle that not only moisturizes dry skin but smells like the most wonderful summer vacation.
- Maybelline The Falsies mascara ($7) – The best mascara under $10 by far. It plumps lashes and gives a really great curl that lasts.
- Essie ‘Peach Side Babe’ nail varnish ($8.50) – Essie’s seasonal collections are always on trend and Summer 2015 is no exception. Application is easy and they don’t chip straight away leaving for a really long lasting stylish manicure.
- Maybelline FIT Me! concealer ($7) – This is my favorite concealer. It goes on smoothly with the included applicator and gives solid coverage for hours even in intense heat, and matching the perfect shade is really easy.
- No. 7 facial wipes ($7) – Applying all this makeup, there has to be some way to remove it, right? Enter Boots No. 7 line of facial wipes. They work really well at removing all the makeup, sweat, and grime of daily life easily and without causing breakouts.
- Maybelline BB Cream ($9) – This BB cream was recommended to me for my oily skin and it works so well especially with warm temperatures. The coverage is solid and doesn’t melt away after a few hours of wear.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss lipstick ($5) – Rimmel + Kate Moss is already good enough, but the lipstick is great. Application is easy, the color is vibrant, and it doesn’t fade easily or get all over the place throughout the day.