ScreenSpy - big news from the small screen
Don't Miss

A Case of Demonic Possession Hits Close to Home in Sleepy Hollow’s “Vessel” (Images & Details)

By on December 21, 2013
Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane. Co. CR: Brownie Harris/FOX

Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane. Co. CR: Brownie Harris/FOX

Ichabod (Tom Mison), Abbie (Nicole) and Irving’s (Orlando Jones) battle a case of demonic posession that hits close to home in Sleepy Hollow’s upcoming January 13 episode.

“Vessel” will see Jenny (guest star Lyndie Greenwood) possessed by an evil spirit, while the gang struggle to find the answers that will save her.

Courtesy of FOX, we’ve got some first look images from the episode to share with you below.

Remember, you can receive up to the minute updates on ScreenSpy sneak peeks, spoilers, images and cast interviews by following our dedicated Sleepy Hollow Twitter @SleepyHollowSpy.

In the meantime, you can catch the “Vessel” episode of Sleepy Hollow airing Monday, Jan. 13 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

How scary does Jenny look in that first picture?

1. KAMMs

December 21, 2013 at 8:42 pm

HOWW in a post describing an episode focused on Jenny Mills (& Abbie by association) is a photo of Tom Mison STILL the main photo used in the article?! How even?!

“How scary does Jenny look in that first picture?”

IDK! All I see is a big glaring picture of Tom Mison’s face! SMH

• Jennifer Griffin

December 21, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Dear Agitated,

Thank you for your spirited comment.

Are you the commenter from Tumblr? Perhaps you’re the one who asked “Seriously, fuck these articles trying to make everything about Ichabod.”

I hope so.

Let’s clarify, shall we? Firstly, I must correct your assumption. I’m not describing an episode. I’m advertising the fact that FOX has released a collection of new images from an upcoming episode of Sleepy Hollow. The episode description follows later, when it’s made public. A review follows the episode description. This is how we run things here at ScreenSpy.

Secondly, based on snippets we’ve received from FOX for this episode (again, let me stress, it’s not an episode description) we KNOW that Jenny becomes possessed. This is what we term a moderate to large spoiler. You will note that we didn’t title our article “Jenny Becomes Possessed in an Upcoming Sleepy Hollow Episode” or “OMG, Seriously, Look at Jenny’s face. WTF is Wrong with her?”

There are hundreds of thousands of people reading and enjoying our articles every month. Our job is to present news in an exciting, informative and fun way, but without ruining anyone’s enjoyment with splashy titles that give away key events from an episode. When people want to know more, they can drill down into an article and find the details they want, or simply skip to another article from the main page.

Your issue (and a couple of your friends, if indeed you are that person from Tumblr) seems to stem from the fact that the image on our website features Tom Mison. Are you annoyed/aggrieved that it’s not Jenny in the image? If we put Jenny’s possessed face front and center on our article, it would constitute a major spoiler.

If you’re upset that the image we chose to use on our article on Tumblr isn’t the same image as the one on the site, then you might be interested to know that the really cool image we used on Tumblr is simply too wide to fit on our narrow title image space.

If you actually take the time to calm down and look at the site you will see our article headings are generally close ups of a main character, taken from the episode (where we can) or the show, where possible. We have a mere 420 pixels of width to play with.

I perused the gallery and liked the image of Tom. He’s a handsome man, and this was a good clear shot of his face, taken in good light. It was perfect for our use. I chose the other one you saw on Tumblr featuring Nicole, Tom and Lyndie because it was wider, it fit the more generous width allowance on Tumblr and it looked cool.

I can understand that as a fan, (and a VERY enthusiastic one at that) that you want things to be a certain way. (Are you also an only child?) But what you have to understand is that I am not a fan. I’m running a business. My completely emotionless rationale for choosing pictures is based on size, clarity and my whim at the time.

I and members of our production team will continue to use Tom’s image in articles in the future. If you’re still unhappy, I suggest you go somewhere quiet, have a cup of tea or try some deep breathing exercises. (Though perhaps not both at the same time.) If these don’t work for you, there’s always therapy.

Alternatively, you may try 4 years of a journalism degree, a small fortune sunk into a magazine business venture, 2 years building links with various publicists, actors and Network executives and finally some articles of your own. You do seem to have a lot of time on your hands. I say go for it.

And if at some future point in time, our paths should cross, I will of course be there to comment on your minutest editorial decision over social media. Believe me, nothing would bring me greater pleasure.

Yours affectionately, and Happy Christmas, you crazy diamond.
      The ScreenSpy Team.

2. Lisa Green

December 21, 2013 at 10:09 pm

hmmm…so Nicole pic would not work either? Gotcha.

• Jennifer Griffin

December 21, 2013 at 10:23 pm

There is no close up picture of Nicole in this gallery. Are you annoyed because the image isn’t of Abbie? If so, please read my reply to the last commenter who was annoyed it wasn’t Jenny. Or that it was Tom. I’m still unsure which.

3. Emme

December 22, 2013 at 1:00 am

What?? The media is using Ichabod Crane’s image in Sleepy Hollow articles?? But, that makes no sen– wait a minute. It makes perfect sense. The current retelling of the story notwithstanding, Sleepy Hollow is known for two characters: Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. This goes back nearly 200 years. It’s common sense that his image will be predominantly used and it won’t, and shouldn’t, change.

Abbie Mills is important to the story. Her character is the co-lead but, given what I explained above, this was bound to happen. If her fans are shocked, maybe you should’ve used a bit more of that common sense I also wrote about. You could have saved yourselves (and others) from the ranting.

4. Randi

December 22, 2013 at 7:33 am

I love the girls and Orlando, but hey, it is totally Tom that makes this all work. Love the picture!

5. RealNicoleFan

December 22, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Jennifer I am sorry you had to wade through these comments and respond to these idiots. There’s a small collective on Tumblr making life a misery for us real fans of Nicole. They have the impression that to like and enjoy Tom Mison or his character Ichabod is to do Nic a disservice. And they don’t mind telling EVERYONE.

Actively attempting to bully a media site is a new low however. We’re thinking of getting together to see if we can get them banned. They’re bullies with no respect whose sole reason for being is to bring down the real fans of this great show. I’m so glad you stood up to them. Usually, people are too scared or intimidated to respond. I got a good laugh from your comments. You showed them up for the irrational idiots they really are.

Please continue to keep us informed and entertained. We love you and we love Screen Spy.

6. Pingback: "Sleepy Hollow" 1x11 'Vessel' Promo Pics & Info! | Sleepy Hollow Fans