Once Upon a Time PaleyFest Highlights
Once Upon a Time cast and crew assembled at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, California yesterday for the 2013 Paleyfest event.
Present were creator and executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Robert Carlyle, Lana Parrilla, Josh Dallas, Colin O’Donoghue and Emilie de Ravin.
Although the producers were wary of revealing specific plot spoilers for upcoming episodes, fans were not disappointed by the actual number of tidbits and spoilers revealed, including the season finale title, first details on “Welcome to Storybrooke,” a flashback episode which is set to include Billy the Mechanic and James Doran’s Hunstman. There were also some specific teases on an upcoming Belle-centric story entitled “Lacey” and some hints about where the show might go in its third season.
Check out our roundup of the most exciting data points to come out of last night’s event below, and don’t forget to check out out the full panel video at the bottom of the article.
1. The final two episodes of the current season are “Second Star to the Right” and “Straight on ‘Til Morning.”
2. Edward Kitsis promised more backstories, more Bay and more Hook. On Gold’s latest dilemma concerning his grandson Henry, Kitsis promised that things are going to get a lot more interesting for Mr. Gold. Rumple will be faced with choosing between love and power after the seer foretold Henry would be his undoing, Kitsis added that when Rumple was given choice between love and power, he let his own son go. Does his grandson have a chance?
3. Kitsis revealed the show will venture into another realm this season. He also revealed that the show will tease someone living in another land but that we won’t get to meet them until season 3.
4. “Lacey” is an upcoming Belle-centric story which explores Belle’s cursed personality, Lacey. The episode will see Regina will recruiting Lacey for a dark purpose.
5. The episode “Welcome to Storybrooke” will flash back to 1983, and the first week of the curse. The episode will see James Dornan’s Hunstman guesting for the episode, as well as Billy the Mechanic.
6. Recent internet rumors of Sebastian Stan’s Mad Hatter being recast are untrue, said Kitsis.
7. The producers addressed the accusation that Once Upon a Time is anti-adoption, saying this is untrue. Henry is actually quite protective of Regina and she’s disliked because she tries to kill people! Henry’s happy ending is his family coming together, but it’s a blood feud. These people want love & family.
8. Lana Parrilla spoke about recent events in Regina’s life saying “I’m sure some of you miss the Evil Queen. I think she’ll make a comeback in a different way that’ll be exciting to see.” On the prospect of redemption for Regina, Lana said “Being good didn’t work out for her. She’s trying to get back to that place deep down of a good girl.”
9. David still hopes to return to the Fairytale Land That Was, and may even try to persuade others to come on board with his idea.
10. Will Hook romance anyone else in the near future? Colin O’ Donoghue said Hook will have relationships with others in Storybrooke – “but not like that.” As to whether Hook will align himself on the side of good, Colin pointed out that Hook will align with anyone to get his paws on Rumpelstiltskin. Revenge is festering for 300 years! (Colin O’Donoghue also broke his leg a few weeks ago but is on the mend and now only using one crutch.)
Catch Once Upon a Time Sundays at 8/7c on ABC, and stay with ScreenSpy for the latest episodes details, interviews and images from the show. The full panel video follows below.