Sleepy Hollow at the FOX TCA Summer Press Tour
It was FOX’s turn at the annual Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour today. The twice yearly event is an opportunity for major television networks to showcase their slate of upcoming programs through panels and interviews.
Present at the Sleepy Hollow panel this year were stars Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Katia Winter and Orlando Jones, in addition to co-Creator Supervising Producer Phillip Iscove, Executive Producer Mark Goffman, Co-Creator Executive Producer Len Wiseman, Co-Creator Executive Producer Roberto Orci, and Co-Creator Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman.
The cast and crew answered questions on the show (which kicks off on Monday, Sept. 16 from 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) teasing the audience with tidbits from the season ahead. It was revealed that:
- The Headless Horseman (for those who haven’t yet seen the pilot episode) is one of the four Horseman of the Apocalypse.
- His origin story will be told.
- Sleepy Hollow could be considered a love story, as Ichabod Crane works to release his witchy wife from an immortal curse.
- A bigger bad will eclipse the Horsemen in terms of scariness.
- The show will get biblical in places.
- No one is safe on the show. There will be character deaths.
- The show will call the founding of the United States of America into question.
First look images from the panel follow below.