Things to Do During a Long TV Commercial Break
Picture this: you’re lying on the couch, shoes off, TV remote in hand, your favorite show on the screen.
It can’t get any better than this. You’re mesmerized, transported to another world by your much-loved actors. Then all of a sudden, this moment is interrupted by a long commercial.
It’s just not fair but you have to endure it. The sponsors made the show free for you anyway. But in this modern age, nobody wants to waste any time especially when you are the efficient, productive type.
Here are some things to keep you busy, in no particular order.
- Check your Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. This needs no encouragement for sure. Get updates from your friends. Careful though, you might totally forget your TV show.
- Check your email. Same as above, clean out your spam.
- Clean the room. Challenge yourself, try finishing this before the show gets back.
- Do the laundry. You may not be able to complete this within the time frame. Better do it step by step for each commercial break.
- Exercise. One of the most productive options. Push-ups, sit-ups, or lift weights, take your pick, and prevent yourself from becoming a couch potato!
- Fold dried laundry. There’s a special feeling of accomplishment when you get this done. Try it.
- Google things you’re curious about. This needs no explanation.
- Have a snack/cup of coffee. Popcorn, sandwich, whatever you like. Perfect complement to your show. Quality time with yourself.
- Iron clothes. Also quite productive; no time wasted.
- Knit. Two hobbies at the same time. What more can you ask for?
- Manicure/pedicure. Ladies, any objections?
- Massage. Get some, give some, you choose.
- Mute the TV. Enjoy the silence; meditate or do some yoga if you can.
- Open mail. Don’t pretend you didn’t see the unpaid bill in the mailbox. It’s about time you did this.
- Organize/rearrange the room. Freshen up your surroundings. A new perspective does wonders.
- Play casino games on iPad. You’ll be enjoying and winning cash at the same time. Visit www.casinojuggler.com where you can find a long list of the best mobile casinos out there.
- Play with/groom your pets. Quality time with your buddy/buddies; priceless stress reliever.
- Prepare/cook dinner. You can eat it right after the show, or during the show.
- Read a book. Admit it: it’s been way too long since you enjoyed this entertaining and informative pastime.
- Stretch. Yes, get up off the couch and do it. It’s simple but very useful in getting the blood flowing.
- Sudoku/Crossword. You have to exercise your brain, too, not just spoon-feed it with television.
- Wash the dishes. If you cooked, ate and washed during the commercial breaks, you could go to sleep right after the show.
- Water the plants. Also one of the most relaxing pastimes, especially with the TV on mute.
Remember, these are just some ideas to pass the time. Try the ones that are new to you, and who knows? Maybe you’ll even find yourself waiting for a commercial break.