The Essential Midsummer Shopping List
It’s already August, but never fear: the summer shopping list is here!
Back in spring we assembled a wealth of ideas, sharing points on how to achieve the chicest (and most on trend) spring wardrobe. This summer is no exception.
While there’s no reason to completely abandon some Spring additions (many of those same trends carry over into summer), our summer shopping list contains updates and new pieces to mix and match with things you may already own.
Summer is when we most frequently travel, relax, and, if possible, spend a lot of time outdoors. Our wardrobes adapt to said activities and classic essentials like denim shorts, sundresses, and swimsuits begin to become the main staples of our every day clothing choices. Rather than hype up these staples, here are a bunch of new things to consider adding for a very stylish summer.
- Slider sandals have grown in popularity over the last year. These are two of the most popular styles, and they are perfect for sliding on when it’s time to get up and go whether that means shopping or to the beach.
Shop sandals: Birkenstocks, ASOS cross strap sandals, Ancient Greek cross strap sandals, Forever 21 crisscross sandals, Missguided buckle strap sliders, H&M sliders
- Peasant blouses are one of the easiest ways to transition or at least touch on the 70s trend taking over this year. It doesn’t require a full commitment to trendiness, and is breathable and breezy for extremely warm days.
Shop peasant blouses: Forever 21, Joie, H&M
- White denim seems like a no brainer when it comes to summer jeans, but many may be reluctant to give th
- em a try. They look amazing, so just do it.
Shop denim: Frame denim, Topshop, Paige Denim
- Keeping with the 70’s trend are off the shoulder blouses. They look really great paired with button front skirts which Calvin Klein repopularized in the late 90s. Get them now since they are sure to stick around come fall.
Shop off the shoulder blouses: H&M, Madewell, American Eagle
Shop button front skirts: Mango, Topshop, Stella McCartney
- Mirrored sunglasses are the hottest summer accessory. They just look cool and, well, are always useful for checking out the status of your makeup throughout the day.
Shop mirrored sunglasses: Dior, Vans, Express
- Playsuits are the ultimate summer go-to. They can be worn casual after a day at the beach, dressed up for a night out on the town, or just used for a lazy day of lounging around.
Shop playsuits: Topshop, Band of Outsiders, H&M
- The sundress is a no brainer summer clothing option whether its for a picnic in the park or just running out to take care of a few errands they really can do no wrong.
Shop sundresses: ASOS, Madewell, Topshop
- A great alternative to regular shorts are these printed shorts which are often made of a breathable soft material such as cotton. Perfect for the warmest of days and standing out in the crowd.
Shop printed shorts: H&M, J. Crew, Zara
- For spring, bucket bags and fringe were all the rage. Toss them together and you have summer’s hottest bag.
Shop fringe bags: River Island, Saint Laurent, H&M