Krypton Teases Season Two at Comic Con
By Pauline Perenack
As Krypton heads into its second season on Syfy, the cast descended upon Comic Con for their first real panel, and filled the Indigo Ballroom to capacity. While they had a panel last year, this was the first time they could actually talk about what happened on their show (it’s not just a prequel to Superman), and what to expect coming up.
While the highlight of the panel was the cast giving a small boy a signed baseball hat, and Superman cape, there were definitely a lot of pieces of information given that the audience was excited about.
- Star Cameron Cuffe describes his character Seg’s relationship with Adam Strange as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. They’re on the same journey, but in very different places.
- As the storyline progresses, they work closely with DC guru Dan Evans to make sure the stories can work.
- The only storyline that so far has been put on hold was a Green Lantern story that they’re still trying to work through to see if they can make happen.
- Seg wants to believe that there is a way that not only can Kal-El live, but that Krypton can survive as well.
- Cuffe’s favorite scene to film was in episode 6 in the catacombs, where everyone is debating the fate of the multi-verse. He said that as a fan, the results of that discussion are monumental.
- Season 2 picks up 5 months after where we left off in Season 1.
- Krypton will be very different from where we left it.
- Adam Strange will be in Detroit in our current time, and we’ll be meeting people from his life.
- Jayna-Zod will definitely be coming back to get at her grandson.
- According to executive producer Cameron Welsh, the Phantom Zone is going to be a ‘freaky acid trip dream zone.’
- The iconic character of Lobo will be making an appearance.
- Brainiac is an important character, and there’s still a lot of story to tell. He wasn’t simply a Season 1 bad guy.
Sounds like Season 2 is going to be just as exciting as Season 1.
Krypton returns to Syfy in 2019.