By Pauline Perenack
One of the surprise hits of last season, Fox’s Lucifer, returned to San Diego Comic Con this weekend to a packed room in the Indigo Ballroom.
With most of the main cast, and newcomers Tricia Helford and Aimee Garcia, the panel started with a sizzle reel from season one before showing never seen before clips from the upcoming season.
The cast put on a great panel, and it’s clear that Aimee and Tricia are quickly becoming part of the close knit team, with them already cracking jokes with the veterans. As they talked through their thoughts on the season, it’s clear we have a lot to look forward to come September. Here’s what we learned:
- Mom is immediately going to be a force to be reckoned with, and will get between her two boys.
- Also look for an interesting dynamic between her and Maze. Since Maze was her torturer in hell, there is no love loss between the two women. The clips shown hint that Maze may even be responsible for Mom’s bust out.
- Garcia will join the LAPD as a forensic scientist, thrown together with Lucifer and Chloe on cases. She’s very touchy feely, and has a strong sense of her faith, which will immediately cause confusion with Lucifer.
- Lucifer and Amendiel will be working together a lot more this year, and Amendiel will be a lot more human.
- We will find out why/how Chloe affects Lucifer and makes him vulnerable.
- Lucifer will actively be spending more time with Chloe even though she makes him mortal.
- And yes, Lucifer will still be in therapy. He has a lot to work through.