Agents of SHIELD take over WonderCon
By Pauline Perenack
Even though the show has been on for years, Agents of SHIELD still packs the room at any Con they go to, WonderCon not excluded. This year’s panel, which was held in the Arena, was pretty much nosebleed sections only, and the lively crowd, which was amped up by the always entertaining EP Jeph Loeb, were treated to the first episode of season 6.
Immediately following the screening, the cast returned to the stage to talk a bit about the episode, and then answer fan questions. As a result, here are some of the interesting tidbits that came out of the panel:
- According to Loeb, Agents of SHIELD is now the longest running show Marvel has ever done.
- Series star Clark Gregg directed the first episode of season 6.
- Gregg also has an interesting new role in the series which will be fun to watch.
- Fans of the Syfy series Haven will be happy to see Lucas Bryant on their screens again.
- When asked about fondest memories of being on set, Natalia Cordova-Buckley said she loves meeting the fans, because it’s super rare to be on a show that allows for that.
- Gregg was asked if his wife (Dirty Dancing star Jennifer Grey) would ever have a cameo on the show. He said it was a good idea, but not sure if it would ever happen.
- Characters mentioned that were really missed by the cast included Adrianne Palacki’s Bobbie, B.J. Britt’s Trip, Ruth Negga’s Girl in the Flower Dress, aka Raina, and the late Bill Paxton’s John Garrett.
It looks like this new season of SHIELD is going to be a wild ride, so make sure to tune in on May 10 on ABC.