Yes, yes, of course you know Revenge is back on TV from Sept. 28, but have you seen this latest teaser trailer for the upcoming fourth season?
I mean, have you really really seen it?
At first glance it looks like a perfect set up for the premiere episode “Renaissance” which finds Emily basking in a substantial amount of revenge-glory. With Victoria in an asylum, Conrad presumed dead (more on that in a minute), and the younger Graysons brought low by scandals, bad business moves and personal disappointments, it seems Emily finally has a taste of what she wanted from day one. But what’s this? A knock on the door? Who could it be? Cue Victoria, with a little revenge plan of her own.
But as this (seemingly straightforward) clip below rolls on, the images come at us faster and faster, offering several huge blink and you miss them teasers. There are so many juicy moments that literally flash before our eyes in this clip that we’ve listed them. See how many you can catch below.
1. Victoria crashes Emily and Nolan’s party, reminding Emily that she deserves everything she’s going to get. Emily doesn’t look particularly surprised.
2. Victoria points a loaded shotgun at Emily on the front steps of David Clarke’s cabin. And this time, Ems does look surprised!
3. Charlotte appears to be contemplating suicide by plunging from the rooftop of Grayson manner. Either that or she’s rescuing a kitten.
4. Naked sexy time for Margaux. Plus sexy new blonde do.
5. Em’s is launching a boat. I wonder what it’s called? (Hint: the name will make someone particularly unhappy, but it’s all part of the plan.)
5. Jack is a sexy cop!
6. We’re treated to a quick flash of guest star Elena Satine rising from a pool in a skimpy white bikini. FYI, Satine has signed on to play Louise, a slightly unhinged black sheep daughter of a wealthy Southern family, who despite good intentions possesses a certain warped logic. Also, she looks slightly annoyed in this clip.
7. A shocking reveal: Someone is making a dramatic return in typical Revenge style – by employing the dreaded press conference. (We only wish ours were as exciting!) Who is this suited figure standing before a bank of flashing lightbulbs and a crowd of shocked reporters? Our first reaction is to assume it’s David Clarke … but is it just us, or does it look more like Henry Czerny’s Conrad, presumed dead by Clarke’s hand in last season’s finale?
8. Daniel’s expensive car is parked in an alley. The woman in the car is not Margaux! He looks like he’s up to something suspicious. Something to do with the dead woman in your bed Daniel?
9. Nolan (in a fetching blue paisley shirt and white suspenders no less!) is very surprised to see someone inside his home. We’d go so far as to say shocked.
10. Guest star Brian Hallisay has lost his shirt. Please nobody find it for him.
11. More press conference shockage. Nolan’s mouth is literally agape. Emily looks disbelieving. Ok, maybe it is David Clarke after all. We’re so confused.
12. More naked sexy time for Margaux, and this time it appears Daniel is present and accounted for.
13. A quick shot of Emily looking as shocked and devastated as ever we’ve seen her.
14. Purposeful manly striding by David Clarke. He looks like a man you wouldn’t want to cross so nix those thoughts of running your fingers through his fluffy manly beard. He’s probably not down with that sort of thing at all.
15. A tearful Charlotte peers around a doorpost. What she sees reduces her to .. a single beautiful tear. No ugly crying for this Grayson. Is this why she takes to the rooftop?
16. Emily is unconscious or just really really tired in front of a roaring fire.
17. Fade to black.
Revenge returns Sunday September 28 on ABC.