ABC’s New “Once Upon a Time” Spin Off: 6 Things to Know
ABC’s potential new Once Upon a Time spin-off has been garnering interest (as well as quite a few rumors) ever since the news first broke that a Wonderland-themed show was in the works.
With some recent casting additions this week, we decided to round up 6 things that Once fans might like to know about the potential new series.
1. The show will be called Once: Wonderland.
2. Currently at pilot stage, a 5 scene presentation will be filmed in Vancouver when filming on Once Upon a Time’s second season is wrapped.
3. Australian actress Sophie Lowe (Two Mothers, Road Kill) has signed on to play Alice, who is described as having ‘a generous heart’ and who ‘carries the scars of a long hard life.’
4. Michael Socha (Being Human UK), will play the Knave of Hearts.
5. British actor Peter Gadiot will play Cyrus, Alice’s mysterious love interest.
6. The initial 13-episode season will be a self-contained story a la American Horror Story. “The idea is not a spin-off in the traditional sense — another five-year, 22-episode series,” executive producer Edward Kitsis told EW recently. “It’s much more in the vein of an American Horror Story, with a beginning, middle and end.”