Everything Star Wars
BY Shannon Entin
Published 5 years ago
It’s that time of year again. The shopping, the lights, the nagging coughs and colds… but most of all it’s time for a new STAR WARS MOVIE! Are you excited about this next installment? Let talk about it!
5:24 What are we watching?
- The Punisher: Shannon says this is the best of the Netflix Marvel Original Series. And you don’t need to watch them all to enjoy this show.
- Black Mirror: Fadra finished the third season and has created a Black Mirror episode guide on her blog because every episode is so different. People need to give it a chance even if they don’t like one or two episodes. (Season four of Black Mirror is coming out this month!)
- Mindhunter: The first episode didn’t grab Fadra, but the second one sucked her in.
- The Flash: The CW crossover event was pretty good this year.
17:55 Last movie seen?
- Split: Shannon watched this with her son and didn’t expect it to be so good. Stars James McAvoy (X-Men) and is about a man with 23 personalities who abducts 3 girls. The movie dives into multiple personality disorder and has a bit of a superhero twist. It’s very intense and an excellent movie.
- CHiPs: Shannon watched it on a plane and it was pretty bad.
- Table 19: Typical romantic comedy starring Anna Kendrick. Not bad, not great.
- Coco: Fadra and her family enjoyed it. Great for younger kids and families.
- Murder on the Orient Express: Fadra’s son ranked this in his top five favorite movies.
27:00 Wanna gift your loved ones a movie this holiday season? Redbox, the kiosk-based movie and game rental hub, is an excellent option for stocking-stuffers. The movie mogul is making gift-giving easy and affordable by providing rental coupon codes. Just go to http://www.redbox.com/gifts to order!
And thanks to our sponsor Redbox, we have three coupon codes to give away! To enter to win, go to this Redbox post on our Facebook page and leave a comment with your answer to the question!
29:26 What’s coming up?
- Stranger Things has been renewed for a third season.
- Dark just dropped on Netflix. We have mentioned this before and we think it might be a bit like Stranger Things, but… darker.
Stinger Topic of the Week: Star Wars!
31:30 We’re talking all things Star Wars this week.
- Turns out Shannon & Fadra disagree on a lot about Star Wars…
- Our first Star Wars experiences.
- Discussion of George Lucas and his path to success.
- Of the original six movies, Fadra’s favorite Star Wars movie was Ep VI, Return of the Jedi. Shannon’s favorite is Ep II, Attack of the Clones. But they both agree that Ep VII, The Force Awakens was the best of all the Star Wars movies.
- They also agree that Jar Jar Binks was the worst.
- While they were widely panned by the critics, Shannon loved Episodes II and III. She has a bit of an emotional attachment to them.
- Fadra and Shannon have a rousing discussion about the prequels – it’s really a must-listen!
- We discuss our favorite actors and what exactly is a nerf-herder?
- Our predictions for Ep VIII, The Last Jedi! Who is Rey? Who is Snoke? Will Luke really turn away Rey?
May the Force be with you!
We love to hear from our listeners and fellow tv and movie fans, so if you want to chat with us or suggest a topic, please email us at [email protected].
If you know someone who loves movies and TV, please tell them about Stinger! And if YOU enjoy our podcast, we’d love for you to leave us a review on iTunes!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and join our Facebook discussion group – where we talk ALL WEEK LONG about the latest in entertainment. And of course you can find us at @stingerpodcast on Twitter and Instagram.