The Secret Circle’s Adam Harrington: 5 Things To Know
BY Jennifer Griffin
Published 11 years ago
If you’re thinking about checking out the CW’s new Witchy Drama The Secret Circle then chances are you’ll love Canadian born (Hamilton, Ontario, 1972) actor Adam Harrington as Ethan Conant, a father tortured by the mistakes of his past.
Those familiar with Harrington’s work may know he has appeared in the World War One drama Passchendaele, alongside Katherine Heigl in The Ugly Truth and in Team Bondi’s LA Noire as Detective Roy Earle.
However did you know that …
1. The Secret Circle Pilot features a couple of key scenes in which Ethan Conant (played by Harrington) and Charles Meade (Gale Harold) face off against each other. This is not the first time these men have appeared on the same show. Gale Harold is perhaps best known for his longstanding role as Brian Kinney on Queer as Folk. Adam Harrington also guested on this show as Connor James, an actor playing a superhero called Rage – Kinney’s alter ego. Sadly, the two did not share any screen time together.
2. Adam lives in LA, has family in Scotland and has always wanted to visit Ireland.
3. He sometimes gets frustrated when people refer to his work on the award-winning game LA Noire as ‘voice acting.’
“I think there’s something people aren’t understanding,” the actor told ChevronOne recently. “On a lot of sites people are saying ‘it was great voice acting’ and ‘the facial animation is the best we’ve ever seen’ and ‘the combination of the great voice acting with the facial animation …’ and so on. I think it’s such a leap in technology that what people are not understanding is that what you’re seeing is exactly what I did. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nobody has gone in and added stuff. Nobody has tweaked a facial expression. What was recorded on my face is what you see in the game. So, it was voice acted but it was all acted at the same time. It was literally like they filmed a movie and converted it into a video game image.”
4. Adam Harrington is also a professional narrator and has voiced such award winning TV specials and series as The Kursk, (Discovery) Valley Of The Kings (BBC) The Most Extreme (Animal Planet) and TLC’s What Not To Wear. He is also the voice of Farmer’s Insurance. His voice work occasionally leads to his being mistaken for another voice actor with the same name, which is why credits often list him as Adam J. Harrington in order to distinguish between them. He has never worked on the Monkey Island games franchise.
5. Adam had a small role in scifi show Stargate SG-1 where he met and worked with fellow actor Michael Shanks. In 2011 both actors were cast as the same character ‘Bryce’ in Milla Jovovich’s new movie Faces in the Crowd.
“Michael and I met and worked together on the pilot of Stargate the series,” Adam told Chevron One. “But as often happens on a project like this, we were never on screen at the same time.”
Catch Adam Harrington guesting on The Secret Circle Thursdays on the CW.